Simple Strawberry Raspberry Crisp
This simple strawberry raspberry crisp is the perfect date night treat. I made this dessert for Julian when he first ate at my place!
For the Filling:
- 3 cups raspberries
- 3 cups strawberries, quartered
- 2 tbsp orange zest (approximately 1 orange)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp cardamom
For the Topping:
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp cold unsalted butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking sheet and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, toss together the filling ingredients. Spread the filling evenly in the baking dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, and salt. Cut in the cold butter until it looks like small pebbles. Spread it evenly over the baking dish with the filling.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the topping is golden brown and the filling is hot and bubbling at the edges. Let it cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Serve warm with whipping cream or ice cream.