Simple Tomato Mozzarella Caprese Pasta
The classic flavors of a Caprese salad come together in this recipe with simple, fresh ingredients. It is quick and easy to put together on a busy weeknight, but is also delicious enough to serve for date night!
- 4tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pint Fresh cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 250g Spaghetti
- 200g Mozzarella pearls
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup Fresh basil leaves, sliced thin
- Balsamic reduction to taste
- Add your olive oil to a large skillet or Dutch oven and turn the heat to medium-low. As the pan starts to heat up, add your tomatoes to the pan and let them cook down. I love how the juicy tomatoes break down to create their own delicious sauce with the olive oil and pasta water.
- As the tomatoes cook down, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta to just before al dente. Once the tomatoes have cooked down to form a sauce and the pasta is ready, add the al dente pasta to the skillet with the tomatoes. Make sure to reserve some of the pasta water! Stir the spaghetti in with the tomatoes until well coated, adding some pasta water to get a smooth sauce.
- Remove the pan from heat, stir in your mozzarella pearls and fresh sliced basil. Serve in bowls and top with some extra mozzarella and sliced basil and drizzle with balsamic reduction. Serve right away and enjoy!