Simply Delicious Turkey Burgers
These simply delicious turkey burgers are a perfect lunch or dinner for your backyard patio this summer. Healthy for a weeknight meal, but will impress when you have company. Try the best turkey burger recipe you will ever find today!
- 1lb lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 jalapeno, chopped fine
- 1 egg
- 2 heaping tbsp panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp red onion, chopped fine
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 slices Havarti cheese
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the ground turkey, cilantro, garlic, jalapeno, egg, bread crumbs, and red onion.
- Divide into 4 equal parts and form into patties.
- Leave in freezer for 10 to 15 minutes to form and prevent falling apart when cooking.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet and add olive oil. Place patties onto skillet and cook thoroughly, 5 to 7 minutes on each side.
- Once cooked through, add 1 slice of havarti cheese per patty. Cook until cheese is starting to melt on top, approximately 2 minutes. Serve immediately.