Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Slow cooker beef stew is an easy crockpot dinner that the family will love! The stew makes a deliciously healthy yet comforting winter dinner!
- 1 lb stewing beef, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb baby potatoes, quartered
- 1 + 1/2 cup carrots, peeled and sliced (approx. 1 small bunch)
- 1 + 1/2 cup celery, sliced (approx. 3 large stalks)
- 1 + 1/2 cup onion, sliced (approx. 1 large)
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cups low sodium beef broth
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 + 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- Heat a large non-stick skillet on medium. Add the oil and beef and brown on all sides, approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add all ingredients except the peas and cornstarch to the crockpot. Cook for 7 to 8 hours on low or 3 to 4 hours on high.
- In the last 20 to 30 minutes of cooking time, whisk the cornstarch with approximately 2 tbsp of cold water. Add the cornstarch mixture and peas to the crockpot and stir in. If cooking on low, turn to high for the last 20 to 30 minutes of cooking.