Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
Slow cooker chicken cacciatore is the perfect dinner on these cold, dark nights! The chicken falls off the bone and explodes with flavor!
- 1 + 1/2 lb yellow potatoes, chopped into medium-sized pieces
- 1 lb chicken thighs (approximately 4 thighs)
- 1 cup onion, diced (approximately 1 medium onion)
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, diced (1 medium pepper)
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced (1 medium pepper)
- 1/2 cup carrots, peeled and sliced (approximately 2 medium-sized carrots)
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes with basil (1 can)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tbsp herbs and spices tomato paste
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup pitted black olives, drained and rinsed
- 1 + 1/2 cup kale, center rib removed and sliced
- Place the potatoes on the bottom of your slow cooker, and then place the chicken breasts over the potatoes. Add the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the mushrooms, olives, and kale. Cook in the slow cooker on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Add the mushrooms, olives, and kale in the last 1 hour to 30 minutes of cooking.
- Scoop into bowls, top with some optional extra chopped fresh parsley and parmesan, and enjoy!