Soft Pumpkin Ginger Snaps
Ginger cookies are one of my favorite cookies to make when the weather cools down. Try these soft pumpkin ginger snaps this Fall!
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg, room temperature
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 + 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Using a stand or hand mixer, beat the brown sugar and butter together until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin puree, egg, molasses, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, ground ginger, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground cloves, and salt.
- Turn your mixer to low and add the dry ingredients to the egg and butter mixture., continuously stirring it in until well combined and forms a dough. Chill the dough for at least 1 hour, up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spread the granulated sugar into a shallow bowl. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and roll through the bowl of sugar to coat them. Place cookies evenly onto the cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 12 minutes, until the tops start to crackle, and the edges are golden.
- Cool the cookies for 3 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy!