Strawberry Spinach Salad
Summer brings a bounty of fresh produce, which makes it the perfect season for salads! Keep your house cool by making this no-cook strawberry spinach salad.
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 of a red onion, sliced lengthwise
- 4 cups baby spinach, rinsed and stems removed
- 2 cups red leaf lettuce, chopped
- 10 strawberries, chopped into small pieces
- 2 tbsp goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup pecans, halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small mixing bowl, pour balsamic vinegar over sliced red onion and mix to ensure all onion slices are coated with the vinegar. Let sit for approximately 5 minutes.
- In a large salad bowl, add baby spinach, red leaf lettuce, strawberries, goat cheese, and pecans.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper to the small mixing bowl with the balsamic vinegar and onions. mix together to form a consistent dressing. Pour over the contents of the salad bowl.
- Toss the salad and serve.