Summer Zucchini Frittata
Frittatas are a great make ahead meal that you can add almost anything to. This Summer zucchini frittata uses this season’s freshest produce!
- 2 medium zucchinis sliced and quartered, approximately 3 cups
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 7 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tbsp goat feta cheese (you can substitute for normal feta if you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet on high, add olive oil, garlic, and sliced zucchini and cook until soft, approximately 8 minutes. While the zucchini is cooking, whisk together the whole eggs, egg whites, and milk in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Add chopped parsley and cook until the parsley is soft, approximately 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and make sure the filling ingredients are spread evenly in the pan. Add the egg mixture to the pan. Make sure the eggs spread evenly over the filling. Do not stir.
- Once the edges of the egg mixture starts to become firm, after about 3 to 4 minutes of cooking, transfer to the preheated oven. Cook until firm at the center, approximately 10 to 15 minutes.