Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
This sweet potato breakfast hash is easy like Sunday morning. With eggs and lots of veggies, this is a deliciously healthy weekend brunch!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 + 1/4 cup white onion, diced (approximately 1 medium onion)
- 1 + 1/2 cups sweet potato (or yam), peeled and diced (approximately 1 medium)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced (approximately 1 medium pepper)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 + 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 398 ml canned black beans, drained and rinsed (1 can)
- 10 large eggs
- chives, sliced, for serving
- green onion, sliced, for serving
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add oil and onions, and sauté until onions are softened, approximately 2-3 minutes. Add the sweet potato and garlic and cook until the sweet potato is fork-tender, approximately 5-8 minutes.
- Add green pepper, ground cumin, chili powder, and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring often, until the pepper is tender, approximately 2-3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and black beans and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Create a well for each egg you will be serving. Reduce heat to medium-low and add the eggs to each well. Cover and cook 5-10 minutes, until the yolk has reached your desired consistency.
- Scoop two eggs and the sweet potato hash into a bowl. Top with sliced chives and green onions and serve.