Taco Salad with Catalina Dressing
Taco salad is one of the best ways to turn what can sometimes be an unhealthy meal into something super nutritious yet still delicious! Delicious taco meat tossed with fresh produce and tangy Catalina dressing make this an exciting and fresh meal.
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 lb Extra lean ground beef (you can also substitute with ground turkey)
- 1 Packet of taco seasoning (I prefer to use a reduced sodium option)
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 Red onion, diced
- 200ml Canned sliced black olives, drained
- 1 Fresh tomato, diced
- 2 Green onions, sliced
- 1 Avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup Store bought or homemade Catalina salad dressing
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup Shredded cheddar cheese (I love to use Tex Mex cheese for this)
- 1/2 cup Chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil and beef to the pan, breaking it apart with the end of a wooden spoon as it cooks. Once the beef is cooked through, add the taco seasoning and stir to incorporate. Immediately add the water and reduce the heat to simmer, stirring occasionally. Cook until the water reduces, approximately three to five minutes. Once cooked through, set aside.
- Slice your veggies and avocado, and add to a big bowl along with the cooked beef. Toss with your Catalina salad dressing. Top with shredded cheddar cheese and fresh cilantro and serve. This easy taco salad recipe will surely be a crowd favorite around the dinner table!