Tandoori Chicken Tikka Bowls
Tandoori Chicken Tikka Bowls are inspired by the flavors of my favorite Indian restaurants around town. These bowls are bursting with flavor, are much healthier than the restaurant variety. I also love how they are so easy to make on a weeknight!
- 1lb Boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into one inch pieces
- 1 cup Plain 0% fat Greek yogurt (plus more for topping)
- 6 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 + 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne powder
- 1 tbsp Fresh ginger root, minced
- 1 tbsp Garam masala
- 1 cup Brown basmati rice, dry
- 1/2 Red onion, sliced (medium sized)
- 2 tbsp Cilantro, chopped
- Set your rice to cook according to the package directions and preheat your oven to oven to 375F. While waiting for the oven to preheat, prepare your chicken. Whisk together 1 cup Greek yogurt, crushed garlic cloves, paprika, cayenne powder, minced fresh ginger root, and garam masala until well combined.
- Toss the chicken pieces with the Greek yogurt marinade in a medium mixing bowl until well coated. You can marinade the chicken in this sauce in the fridge for one hour up to overnight, or you could cook the chicken right away if you don't have the time. For best results, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place an oven proof wire rack on top of the parchment. If you do not have an oven proof wire rack, you can always place the chicken directly onto the parchment. Do not keep any leftover marinade.
- Place the marinated chicken pieces onto the rack and place in the oven to cook for approximately 20-25 minutes, until the juices run clear and the internal temperature at the thickest point reaches 165F.
- Place the cooked rice in each bowl, top with the cooked chicken, sliced red onion, a dollop of Greek yogurt, and sliced fresh cilantro. Squeeze lemon wedges over each bowl and add any additional veggies you wish. Serve immediately and enjoy!