Thai Green Curry Chicken
This Thai green curry chicken is bursting with flavor! The creamy sauce is arguably even better the next day, making for great leftovers.
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 7 scallions, sliced, greens and whites separated
- 4 tbsp basil, chopped, plus more for serving
- 2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, shredded
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 cups mushrooms
- 400ml light coconut milk (1 can)
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 3 cups spinach
- Heat a large deep non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add sesame oil, scallion whites, and basil. Sauté until soft, approximately 1 to 2 minutes. Add green curry paste and stir to cover the basil and scallion whites. Add shallot, garlic, and ginger and sauté until scallions soften, approximately 2 minutes.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, and add to the skillet. Add mushrooms, and all but 1 tsp of the green onion greens to the skillet. Sauté until the chicken is cooked through and mushrooms are softened, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and fish sauce to the skillet, stirring to combine. Bring to a boil and let the sauce thicken, approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Spoon into bowls over rice or stick noodles. Top with remaining basil and scallion greens and serve.