Thai Shrimp Noodle Bowls
Make my Thai shrimp noodle bowls for your next takeout fake-out. Quick and delicious, this curry noodle stir-fry will satisfy any cravings!
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced, greens and whites separated
- 3 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp ginger, sliced
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 4 cups broccoli, sliced into small florets
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 400ml light coconut milk (1 can)
- 400ml regular coconut milk (1 can)
- 1/2 tsp Thai fish sauce
- 250g Thai rice stick noodles (1 package)
- OPTIONAL: sesame seeds, for topping
- Heat a wok or deep non-stick skillet on medium heat. Add sesame oil, scallion whites, and basil, and cook until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, another 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the red curry paste.
- Add the celery, broccoli, and carrots; cook until softened, approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Add the red bell pepper and cook until tender, approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cans of coconut milk and fish sauce. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer until thickened a little bit, approximately 5 minutes. Add the noodles and stir in as they soften, approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
- Scoop into bowls, top with scallion greens, extra chopped basil, and sesame seeds. Enjoy!