The Best Peanut Butter Sugar Cookies
I have created a new kind of cookie, and it is extremely addicting. These Peanut Butter Sugar Cookies are the best for the holidays! The cookies are a perfect combination of light and fluffy sugar cookies and soft and chewy peanut butter cookies. You will be hooked once you try them too!
- 2 + 1/4 cup All purpose flour
- 1 + 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1 cup Natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 Large egg, at room temperature
- Lightly cream butter in a large mixing bowl with a handheld electric mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Add the sugars and beat until well combined and fluffy. Next, add the peanut butter, vanilla and egg and beat until well combined. This step will take approximately three to five minutes.
- While the wet ingredients are mixing, will mix together the dry ingredients. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl until well combined. Once the wet ingredients are well combined, slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. The dough will look crumbly, don't worry this is what we are looking for!
- Roll your dough on a floured sheet of parchment paper to about a quarter to half inch thick. Chill the dough for at least one to two hours in the fridge or up to two days. Once your dough is chilled, cut the cookies out with a cookie cutter and transfer cookies prepared baking sheets with parchment on it. Shape dough on the cookie sheet if needed.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake cookies for eight to ten minutes, until the cookies are set and the edges start to turn golden. Let cool for approximately ten minutes before transferring the warm cookies to a cooling rack. If you wish, you can drizzle melted chocolate over the cookies on the wire rack at this point. Once your cookies have fully cooled, enjoy!