The Perfect Poached Egg
My family takes eggs for breakfast very seriously. I have already shown you how to make my great-grandmother’s scrumptious scrambled eggs. Now let’s learn how to make the perfect poached egg!
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 10 cups water
- In a medium pot, bring water to a boil. Add white vinegar.
- Reduce heat slightly to bring water to a steady simmer.
- Using a spoon, swirl the water to create a whirlpool in the center of the pot.
- Carefully add the eggs in the center of the whirlpool. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from water and serve.