The Perfect Turkey Gravy
Pouring the perfect turkey gravy over my dinner is my favorite part of a holiday meal. This uses simple ingredients and is ready in a flash!
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 + 3/4 cup white onion, diced fine (approximately 1 large onion)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups turkey drippings (add chicken broth if you have less than 2 cups)
- Low sodium chicken broth, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Heat a saucepan on medium heat and add butter and onions. Cook the onions, stirring often, until very soft and starting to turn a golden color, approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the flour and whisk with the onions. Cook until the flour is starting to turn brown, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the drippings slowly and whisk into the flour mixture. Cook, whisking until well combined. Taste and check the flavor – if it is bland, add a little more salt; if it is too salty, add a little low sodium chicken broth. Once the flavor is to your liking, turn the heat off and serve.