Turkish Style Poached Eggs
Brunch this weekend is inspired by my family’s 2013 Istanbul trip. Turkish style poached eggs will be a favorite breakfast once you try it!
- 4 tbsp non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 eggs, perfectly poached
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, for seasoning
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the Greek yogurt and garlic. Spread evenly on the bottom of two bowls for serving.
- Poach eggs using the perfect poached egg method.
- While the eggs are cooking, heat a small saucepan on low and melt the butter. Add paprika, chili flakes, and cumin. As soon as the butter begins to brown, remove it from the heat.
- Once the poached eggs are ready, add to the bowls with the Greek yogurt and pour the melted butter evenly over the two bowls. Sprinkle thyme leaves over the bowls and serve.