Warm Marinated Olives with Orange and Rosemary
I first tasted warm marinated olives like this last winter at the Rosewood Hotel Georgia in Vancouver and was immediately hooked! The warm olives with citrus peels and a little spice are the perfect little bite to have with cocktails. This recipe is also very easy, making preparation a breeze when having company!
- 1 cup whole castelvetrano olives or high quality green olives, drained and dried
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 peels of orange
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 garlic clove, quatered
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Use a vegetable peeler or a sharp knife to peel your orange, and set the rosemary sprigs, chili flakes, and garlic cloves together in a small dish. Drain your olives and dry them off.
- Heat a small saucepan over low to medium heat. Once the pan is warm, add all of your ingredients except the orange zest. Swirl the sauté pan a few times and let them cook to being just warmed. This will only take a few minutes - do not brown the olives.
- Once your olives are warmed through and the ingredients are fragrant, remove and pour the olive mixture into a small bowl for serving. Sprinkle with the orange zest and maybe a little flaky sea salt. Serve immediately while still warm. Enjoy!